Wednesday 23 November 2011

R.I.P. Anne McCaffrey

I was sad to hear yesterday that Anne McCaffrey passed away a few days ago.  You can read obituaries by Tor.com, Locus Magazine and other locations.

There were a group of authors whose books got me into fantasy: Terry Brooks, Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman, Raymond E. Feist and Anne McCaffrey.  I tore through her Pern books, rereading them every few years when I realized more books were out.  I still have her Harper Hall trilogy on my favourite reads shelf (Menolly remains one of my favourite female characters in a fantasy world).

She will be missed.



* Note, for those of you viewing my blog via google reader, this was originally posted on the 23rd, but I tried a new way of adding photos that google reader didn't like and so this post (and the Stephen King interview) didn't show up until I redid the photos.

No comments: